Friday 18 December 2020

Review: Saving The World by Paola Diana

 This book almost breathes fire with how passionate it is. It’s a fantastic and fascinating exploration of gender equality that draws a line throughout history to show how the status of women has changed and somewhat progressed over time. However, as Paola explains, there is still a long way to go. 

The brevity of this book and its whistle stop tour of different facets of the status of women and feminism make it a perfect introduction and primer for those interest in feminism and its history. The author presents her research and her opinions clearly and passionately and, while I didn’t agree with all of her opinions, it certainly gave me food for thought about why I hold the positions I do and how I can progress in my learning in this area. 

One thing, however, seems for sure - if all women were respected and valued as powerful white men, the world would be in a much better position than it currently is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment